This is my (reboot) newest gigantic WIP. Mirabilia’s “Enchanted Mermaid”. I started it in Spring, 2012 but really didn’t work on it over the summer, well, because it was summer! This is my second attempted Mirabilia piece. The first was “Winter Queen” but I abandoned it. The reason I gave up was that I was still more of a novice back then but have built up more experience and confidence leading up to this pattern. This one, though, I cannot wait to see finished with all of the fancy treasure beads and seed beads, etc. I dyed the fabric but really kept it super light though….I was afraid of ruining it. Since I am back in University full time now, I can only limit my cross stitch time while I am listening to audiobooks for school to maximize my time.
This particular finish needed a couple of photos to show off the detail. I did not dye this fabric, if memory serves me correctly, this is PTP Davinci. After buying it, I held on to it hoping that I will find a project that will suit it….and here it is.
The colours are bright enough to stand out on the darker fabric and although you can’t see it in the picture, there are rhinestones around the inner square (this comes in the bead kit).